Why Your Brand Should Embrace the Power of Video Marketing
Have you recently been considering the viability of using video marketing as a tool to engage new users and grow your brand to increase your conversions or lead generation in the process? If you haven’t, there really is no time like the present.
As a marketing tool video is easily one of the most flexible platforms to capture consumer interest and develop brand awareness. Although it has become far more achievable to make social media videos, promotional videos and adverts in 4k at the click of a button, producing effective marketing videos still requires a stellar strategy and someone who knows their way around a camera, audio and lighting equipment.
You may have already hired an agency to do the video work for you or you’re keeping it in-house where your team have all the pre and post-production knowledge to get the video across the line. Either way, what are you going to do with the finished film? Where are you going to upload your video? And what are some key benefits to promoting your video on different channels?
Video marketing content for SEO
This may seem very obvious but video marketing content and SEO have a symbiotic relationship. Here at Seed, we believe that SEO can make a vital difference to your online business growth and a huge part of SEO is content and the way people consume it.
If a consumer is drawn towards a particular brand, product or service they will almost definitely, consciously or subconsciously complete a fair amount of research before they buy into your offer. They may consume multiple articles from related searches until finally, they make a decision.
They’ve read enough but have they seen enough?
At this point video can become one of the most powerful marketing tools you have. For starters, it classifies as content, visual content. By having this visual content on a high ranking product or service page or even a related blog post you will not only attract a greater number of visitors, but you will also significantly enhance your chances of converting those users (so long as the video content complements the page it is placed on).
Key video SEO stats:
• Using video on landing pages can increase your conversions by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
• Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (ConversionXL)
• Users spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
Video advertising on Google Ads
There are many great and inventive ways to incorporate the use of video into PPC campaigns but one of the most coveted areas is promoting your video content through specialist platforms. Again this may seem obvious to many but Google Ads allows integration with multiple Google video partner sites and this list includes the biggest of all video platforms, YouTube.
We’ve all seen those targeted video ads that pop up before the videos we watch on YouTube and whilst many users skip after 5 seconds, some will have to sit through 30-second ads and some will opt to go the distance. Whatever the case may be, the ads you’re seeing will almost certainly be targeting your interests and for the limited number of seconds they have your attention (or loose attention) their job is to engage, inform and promote.
This is a great way to promote brand awareness above anything else and depending on the campaign type that’s employed with your video, you may only have to start paying for the privilege when a user has watched 30 seconds or longer.
Key video PPC stats:
• Every day people watch over a billion hours of video and generate billions of views. (YouTube)
• Over 1.9 Billion logged-in users visit YouTube each month. (YouTube)
• In 2019, mobile ad spend overall will reach 72.2% of total digital ad spending. (eMarketer)
Why not find out more information about how Seed can help promote your brand through PPC.
Social video marketing
The growth of video on social media platforms has seen a significant change in the way social channels have developed over the past few years. Facebook was the first to fully embrace video by prioritising video content over other forms of interactions and many others have since followed suit.
With the meteoric rise of video marketing on social, it’s now becoming more difficult to set your video content apart from other material that already exists but this shouldn’t hold you back. By following a few simple guidelines and working with the stellar strategy we established earlier on, you may be on brink of uploading content that has the potential to go viral. These rules vary from platform to platform but as a general rule you should:
1) Keep your video to 30 seconds or under in length – The best brands and products can sell their image in a matter of seconds.
2) Include graphics for video marketing content – Many users watch a video with the volume off (particularly if they are travelling around).
3) Be sure to include a call to action – Don’t assume users will go away and search for your brand or product later.
4) Make your video SEO friendly – Write great meta descriptions and titles for your video and search engines will discover and index your content favourably.
5) Allow sharing options – Make sure sharing options are available. If users share your content, they’re promoting your brand or product for free!
Key social video stats:
• Facebook has 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users. (TechCrunch)
• Social media posts with videos in them boost views by 48%. (HubSpot)
• Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined. (WordStream)
Discover more about how Seed can help with your social media advertising strategy.