Business Development Manager
£35K - £50K per annum + Commission Bonus
Seed is looking for a self motivated, enthusiastic Business Development Manager to play a key role in our fast-growing Search Specialist agency based in Brighton.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to take a key role within the business development team and be an intrinsic part of its future success.
You will work closely with the CEO, COO and Head of Client Services to build partnerships, scope opportunities and find suitable leads for us to pitch for.
You will have a lead role in building out Seed’s commercial strategy, including new business, business development and marketing.
This will include, but not limited to:
- How to increase the agency’s profile
- How to strengthen and maximise existing accounts
- How to reinvigorate old client relationships
- How to build new relationships
- Winning new business
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding, and passion for SEO, PPC, Paid Social and Digital Marketing. You may already come from a marketing background within a client service or new business role.
Our Agency Culture
An integral part of Seed is our company culture, which is something that we’re extremely proud of! We have nurtured an excellent working environment, which encourages social activities, facilitates learning and development and has a strong focus on employee wellbeing.
Charity is also something that is very important to us and as such we donate a percentage of our profit each quarter to charities selected by the team, as well as organising events where we are able to help the local community (volunteering at our nearest food bank, participating in beach cleans, organising a volleyball tournament and planting trees etc).
We prioritise our team’s happiness above all else. We believe “work” shouldn’t always have to feel like “work”. Inevitably we will spend a large amount of time working, so we’ve made it our mission to make Seed the company where you will be happy to come every weekday.
We think this comes down to curating a family-feel culture, feeling valued in your role, respect from your colleagues, openness and transparency, equality, a good relationship with the Directors / Founders, and a challenging yet rewarding work environment.
In a Best Companies™ survey in 2022, Seed was ranked #7 on the best marketing & media agencies to work for in the UK.
Working for Seed comes with many perks and benefits, including:
- 25 days of annual leave (pro-rata)
- PLUS your birthday and Christmas eve off.
- 2 paid volunteering days available per year.
- Flexible working hours (starting anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am.)
- Organised social events and get-togethers.
- Quarterly charity events.
- Hybrid remote and in-office working.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and pastries in the office.
- Friday booze fridge.
- Dog friendly office.
- Profit share scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan including private dental, optical, therapy and GP services
- Annual £1,000 learning budget per team member
New Business Acquisition
- Contacting and managing leads via an end to end process
- Managing our CRM system
- Working with service leads to form proposals
- Writing proposals
- Pitching to prospect clients
- Onboarding new clients to our service teams
- Speaking with service teams about project and costings
- Negotiating on pricing and contracts
- Independently sourcing leads
- Creating strategies and tactics that drive qualified leads
- Reporting on strategy success, including implementing and monitoring KPI’s
- Responsible for owning new business revenue targets and reporting regularly on revenue activity
- Leading the pitch process including liaising with team members for pitch support, preparing pitch decks and thoroughly preparing in order to deliver high standard pitches to every client.
- End to end lead management
- Nurturing cold leads
Relationship Building & Networking
- Agency networking
- Strategic partner relationship building
- Forming a strategy to move this forward
- Regular networking and monitoring of latest trends in order to identify new business opportunities and build new client relationships
Supporting Seed with it’s own Marketing Efforts
- Working with department leads to form strategies
- Using our marketing efforts to be a driver in new business
27-days Holiday Per Year
Flexible Working Hours
Remote Work Options
Annual Learning Budget
Profit Share Scheme
Private Health Insurance
2 Paid Charity Days Per Year